Tuesday 12 March 2013

How mistress allegedlydrugged, robbed 80-yr-oldpastor

AN 80-year-old man,
Godwin Faworinshe, who claims
to be a pastor with a church in
Shomolu, Lagos was allegedly
drugged and robbed by his 49-
year-old mistress, Funmilola
Adesanya.
A distraught Faworinshe from
Ago-Iwoye in OgunState, told a
magistrate court in Yaba that
his Ikorodu, Lagos-born
mistress added sleeping pills to
his medication and bolted with his
money after he fell into a deep
sleep.
In his testimony in the court,
Faworinshe, stated that he had
promised to give Funmilola some
money to enable her start a new
business but she was not patient
enough.
According to him, â€Å“on that
fateful day, I went out in the
morning, Funmilola probably
thought that I had gone to the
bank to collect some huge
amount of money. When I got
back around 11am, I requested
that she give me my medications.
I have been on some prescribed
medications due to ailments
attributed to old age.
And one of the reasons I asked
her to move in with me, was to
help me with cooking and
household chores; otherwise, I
have a wife who is currently in
my house at Ago-Iwoye, but she
is old, so I had to engage Funmi
to take care of me. She had
always administered the
medicines to me. Albeit, without
my knowledge, she added some
sleeping pills to my medicine that
morning and immediately I took
it, I slept off till she got the
chance to take my bag and the
money I had in the bag. The
amount she took was N172,000.
Thereafter, she ran out of the
house.”
The pastor further told the
court that around 4pm, some of
his tenants, who noticed that he
had been sleeping for a longer
period than he usually did during
the day started banging on his
door, calling â€Å“Baba! Baba!!
Baba!!!” When they discovered
that the door was not locked,
they opened it and found him in
deep sleep; they had to pour
water on him before he woke. Not
able to explain what happened to
him, he asked for Funmi, his
mistress, and one his of tenants
told him that he saw her going
out in the morning hours. He
searched his room and discovered
that the N172,000 he kept in his
bag was missing; that was when
he suspected that he must have
been drugged and robbed by his
mistress.
The matter was reported to the
Bariga police station and Funmi
was arrested 13 days later in
Ikorodu.
However, Funmilola has denied
adding any sleeping pills to
Faworinshe̢۪s medicine that
morning or stealing his money.
She told the court that Godwin
had given her the money to go to
Ikorodu and take care of her
ailing child. She added that their
relationship had been having
some challenges, one of which
was Faworinshe̢۪s non-chalant
attitude towards the upkeep of
her children. A responsibility he
did not want to carry.
In her words: â€Å“I had told Baba
that one of my children was ill,
but he did not want to do
anything about it, he would
always ask me, do you want to
bring the responsibility of
another man̢۪s children to me?̢۪
This is one of the reasons I want
to opt out. Godwin is only
accusing me because he must
have felt bad with the thought of
me leaving him”.
Information provided by the
police, however, showed that the
accused had earlier in her
statement after she was
arrested, admitted committing
the crime.
Her lawyer pleaded that the
matter be resolved amicably out
of court. The case was
adjourned, while the accused
was granted bail in the sum of
N30,000 with two sureties in like
sum.
46 comments
AROUND THE WEB
ALSO ON VANGUARD NEWS
7 Fun Sex Positions You Need to Try Toni
How to Become an Amateur Boxer eHow
» How Uduaghan’s Delta functions | Va
3 comments
» 2015: The insignia for battle | Vangua
2 comments
Discussion
̢ۢ Reply ̢ۢ
TOBBY777 ̢ۢ 15 hours ago
A 80 years old pastor hanging o
with a 49 years old woman. It is
at 80 years what comes to the
pastor cum gran pal that is su
role model have turned himself
an object of disrepute. What wi
woman to be sleeping with a 80
What happened to the father of
Why will she drug the old man?
have happen if the old man has
If the gran pal has anything lik
him, he ought not to report suc
the police. Where does the gran
wife in this saga? Wahala plent
country sha. TODAY IS YESTER
TOMORROW.
4 â–³ â–½
̢ۢ Reply ̢ۢ
MASKVILLA > TOBBY777
Tobby, you could do bette
than this. You have just
misinterpreted this case
And one of the reasons I
move in with me, was to h
with cooking and househo
otherwise, I have a wife
currently in my house at
but she is old, so I had to
Funmi to take care of m
always administered the
me."
From above i could deduc
man employed the lady as
were not hanging out as
He had integrity which is
reported to the Police. T
to have done a Toxicolog
to determine the types a
drugs in his system. If t
the 49 yrs lady would hav
if the test was positive.
Without this test, the ca
though the man's lawyer
because the lady abscon
job.