Tuesday 22 January 2013

19-year old boy-gang raped in badagry lagos

Life has been unfair to me”.
This was the statement that greeted this
reporter as he approached 19-year-old
Chidi Okolie, who is currently going
through psychological trauma following an
act of gang-rape on him, Monday, in
Badagry area of Lagos.
Chidi, as gathered, left his home town in
Izzih local government area of Ebonyi state
for Lagos, two years ago, in search of
greener pasture, following the demise of
his parents. The death of his parents,
reportedly forced him to drop out of
school.
But determined to irk a living, he decided to
come to Lagos, where he started hawking
along the Mile two- Badagry expressway.
Along the line, he came across a middle-aged man who promised to offer him
employment, an offer Chidi saw as a way
out of struggle.
But he got the shock of his life , on his
supposed first day at work, as he was
allegedly gang-raped and robbed by his
supposed ‘messiah’.
Hear him, â€Å“ I saw Okafor Emmanuel as my
messiah when he promised to secure a job
for me. I had barely finished selling on
Monday when he called me on phone to
come down to Abule-Ado. I bought a
sachet of pure water, washed by face and
straightened my clothes. I packed the
remaining wares into a bag and kept it,
hoping to finish them the next day.
When I got to the designated place, I met
Okafor with four other young men. He toldme to accompany them to distribute
cigarets to his customers in Badagry,
informing that, that was my first
assignment. We did that until 11pm and
because it was late, he asked me to pass
the night with him.
Gang -raped at midnight
But at midnight, someone tapped me on
the thigh and when I opened my eyes, it
was Okafor. Lo and behold, he was in his
nude! He bent over and said he would
want to have carnal knowledge of me. I
was shocked and concluded he could be
drunk.
I lied to him that I wanted to urinate and
left the room . But on getting to the sitting
room, I met the other four men stack naked
as well. At that point , I concluded the joboffer was a mere trick to harm me.
At that point, I decided to run outside . But
as I attempted to, they overpowered me
and tore my shirts into shreds before
pinning me to the ground with each having
his way in turns.
As if that was not enough, they pushed me
out of the apartment that midnight,
boasting that there was nothing I could do.
When I checked my pocket, I discovered
they had collected the N25,000 I made from
my sales.
But I could not go back to my uncle̢۪s place
that night so as not to be mistaken for a
thief. All I did was to collect a shirt I saw on
the line and wore. I remained there until
6am before leaving.
Since the incident, he has been begging forforgiveness, attributing it to the handiwork
of the devil,without bothering to find out if
I was hurt.
As I speak, I am still hurting all over but I
can not go to the hospital because I do not
have money to buy drugs. I really do not
know how to get money to start bussiness
all over again. As it is now, he has rendered
me handicapped. You see why I said life
has been unfair to me? He asked.
So far, Chidi did not report the incident to
the Police as he claimed he was afraid he
might not get justice at the end. He also
feared that Okafor and his friends might
carry out a severe deal against him, if he
did

No comments:

Post a Comment